>> Latest News & Useful Links
WINKLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
Invite tenders for the 2020-2021 Cemetery Maintenance Contract. All tenders should be enclosed in a sealed envelope, marked cemetery maintenance contract tender, and addressed to the Parish Clerk no later than 20th October 2019. The Council will look to award a 2-year contract to commence 1st January 2020 at the Parish Council meeting on 23rd October 2019.
Specification for Cemetery Maintenance Contract at Winkleigh Cemetery
January 2020- December 2021
1. All grassed areas within the site, excluding the Bungalow area, are to be cut throughout the season starting from the middle of March to the middle of November and kept to a standard deemed acceptable by regular communication with the Parish Council.
2. The first cut of the season to be picked up and disposed of in the allocated area located to the South of the shed. The further cuts to be left on the ground unless it is considered necessary to be picked up.
3. A shed will be provided for storage equipment and is located to the South West of the Bungalow. This shed must remain locked always when not in use.
4. All areas around the kerbed graves and headstones to be strimmed at the time of each cut.
5. Central hedge adjacent to concrete path to be trimmed when necessary and all cuttings to be picked up and put in allocated area.
6. All paths including Cemetery entrance driveway to be swept when necessary and all joints in the path to be kept free from weed.
7. All the boundary hedgerow to be cut once a year around September. The West hedge face is to be trimmed.
8. All shrubs to be allowed to grow naturally and pruned rather than trimmed into round shapes without growing wild. Shrub bed to be kept weed free, except for any tree suckers which should be removed.
9. The Air Raid shelter is to be allowed to grow naturally with only one cut per year in the autumn, all cuttings to be picked up and disposed of in the allocated area located to the rear of the shed.
10. The Cemetery signs and gates are to be washed down/cleaned annually.
11. Allowances must be made when quoting for the taking place of funerals which must take priority on the site therefore the contractor must be prepared to wait until the funeral has taken place should this situation occur.
12. All work should conform to HSE Standards and a current Public Liability insurance of £5 Million must be held by the contractor and a copy given to the Council.
13. Payments will be made by the Parish Council via monthly Standing Order. An annual invoice for our records is required.
14. The Parish Council reserves the right to determine what is considered necessary work for the cemetery upkeep in relation with the above items.
Notice of co-option
In office of councillor to
Winkleigh parish council
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN
That following the Uncontested Parish Election held on 2nd May 2019, the Parish Council now has 4 casual vacancies to fill by co-option
Do you have a few spare hours per week to make a difference?
Become a Councillor and have a say in what happens where you live
be a democratic voice for your Community
Get involved in decision making, community projects, local planning applications, issues affecting your community
be part of a team of Councillors representing and working to benefit our community
No Experience Necessary – Full support and training will be provided for free
To become a Councillor, you must be a UK or Commonwealth Citizen; or be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland; or be a citizen of another Member State of the European Union
Be at least 18 years old
Be an elector for Winkleigh Parish; or in the last 12 months, occupied land or premises in the Parish of Winkleigh; or your principal place of work has been within the Parish; or live within 3 miles of Winkleigh Parish Boundary
If you would like more information or require an application form to be co-opted
Winkleigh Parish Council Clerk
Melanie Bickell, Lower Itton, Spreyton, EX17 5BB
01837 89095 / firstname.lastname@example.org
15th May 2019
This notice will remain current until all vacancies have been filled
News & Useful Links
EMERGENCY ADVICE/CONTACT NUMBERS 2018
EMERGENCY PLAN 2016